Lauder Business School and Institute of Competitiveness Presents: Student Consulting Project (SCP)
- Are you looking for ideas for new products/services or businesses?
- Do you face challenges satisfying or retaining customers and look for inputs that might resolve your issues?
- Are you trying to develop a business model for your product/service(idea)?
- Do you face competitive or regulatory challenges that require you to rethink your business?
- Are you trying to develop a business plan for your start-up business?
- Are you thinking of launching a social entrepreneurial venture and lack management knowledge?
- Are you successful, but not really profitable?
What are SCP consulting projects?
SCP projects are 8-month project collaboration (October-May) between corporate or not-for-profit clients, LBS advanced master students and qualified LBS faculty members.
They are intended to assist local corporations, entrepreneurs and also non-profits with typical business issues.
How does it work?
Tell us about your current needs by completing a Project Application. Please remember that, while LBS students can provide substantial value to your organization, they require a well-defined business or strategic question so they can focus their services on the issue of greatest importance to you. Therefore, the more specific you can be in your application, the better.
If your project is a good fit, the Director of the LBS master’s program will contact you to schedule a meeting at LBS. and will then assign a student team, who will meet with you, complete the analysis, and finally present the findings. Lastly, we will ask you to complete a feedback form to discuss your experience.
What makes for a successful project?
Commitment to the project: Senior staff must commit to being available, responsive, and supportive before and during the project. A staff person MUST be assigned to be the key point of contact for the student team. This person should be excited about working with students, have the knowledge to guide the team, and be accessible to communicate with students.
Clearly defined and interesting project idea: Partner organizations must identify a project that: (1) is strategically important to their organization, (2) has clear scope/objectives, and (3) is a business problem that students can address in the defined timeframe. LBS students are skilled and talented – appreciating the opportunity to contribute in a creative, meaningful manner that leverages their theoretical learning with experiential learning.
Ability to effectively communicate in English: As our students are coming from around the world, our language of instruction is English. It would therefore be necessary to have an English speaking contact in the client firm. We will nevertheless ensure that our project coaches from LBS have a good command of the German language.
How is client confidentiality maintained?
All projects conducted through the LBS are done in strict confidence. No confidential information is released until a team is assigned and each student has signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Faculty involved with the project also sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement. We recognize the sensitivity of your business information, and we emphasize confidentiality in our program.
What is the contribution from LBS?
- 4500 human-hours per project
- 6-10 Master students per group (up to 10 native languages among them Russian, Ukrainian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Hungarian, Turkish, Romanian, Albanian, Georgian, Serbian, Croatian, Bulgarian, Hebrew, … ) in their 2nd year of studies
- Generation Y’s perspective – IT, 21C communication, and a global mind-set
- Academic and professional supervision
- Short personal communication channels
- Qualifications in many disciplines (e.g. International Markets and Competitiveness, Economics, International Business, Entrepreneurship, Innovation Management, Marketing, Finance and Controlling, Performance Management, Process and Project Management, Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior, Change Management, Business Research, and Business English)
How much does it cost?
SCP services are 100% pro-bono, but we do require ongoing cooperation from your organization, especially access to key individuals and information.
SCP project application 2016 (Deadline: September, 12, 2016)