Before you start with your application, please read the below information for the relevant program
The general matriculation standard (cf. section 4, sub-section 4 FHStG, as amended) is to be documented by one of the following certificates:
- Austrian school-leaving certificate (Maturazeugnis, Reifeprüfungszeugnis);
- Another type of Austrian certificate documenting the candidate’s right to attend the relevant UAS degree program. This includes a university entrance certificate and a certificate documenting a completed vocational education;
- A foreign certificate equivalent to one of these Austrian certificates, based on an agreement under international law; a recognized decision made by the head of the domestic UAS degree program on a case-by-case basis; (bagrut, high school diploma, etc.)
- Additionally to the high school diplomas, we do require the SAT-TEST from all countries which are NOT listed below:
List of states, whose high school diplomas are acknowledged by treaties:
|Holy See*||Netherlands*||United Kingdom*|
* except for high school diplomas with substantial differences to the Austrian educational system
** in conjunction with governmental admission test
High school diplomas from countries which appear in the list are acknowledged by the Austrian government, as long as they meet the requirements of a secondary education. The certificates will be screened upon submission. (Source)
– Knowledge of the basic concepts and hands-on experience with the Windows operating systems and MS-Office. ECDL advanced prerequisites for IT
– The course in Mathematics for Economics and Business 1 (2nd semester) requires knowledge in Mathematics based on the Curriculum of an Austrian secondary school. As we are an Austrian based university, the curricula are designed accordingly to the Austrian educational standard. This is why we do expect from applicants to have the knowledge in Mathematics which is required form Austrian students in secondary school. Pre-requisites Mathematics
TEST YOUR MATH SKILLS WITH THIS TEST: MATHEMATICS_MATURALEVEL_SELFTEST
The examples and questions used in the test are
What is the SAT?
The SAT is an entrance exam to most American colleges. The test doesn’t check knowledge of the school curriculum; it determines the willingness of the students to study, use analytical skills necessary for successful education, and the ability to apply knowledge of basic school level to solve the tasks. SAT is administered by an independent organization College Board.
2. Language Requirements
The required level of English (minimum B2) corresponds to the command of 12 years of English during high school. Nationals from UK, USA, Australia, Canada
Your English level will be checked in the course of the application process, submitting one of the
- IELTS: starting from Band 6, 6.5,7, 7.5,8, 8.5, 9
- CAMBRIDGE CERTIFICATE: B2/2+
- TOEFL: minimum score 68 points
Reading min. 15 points, listening min. 15 points, speaking min. 18 points, writing min. 20 points.
3. Required Documents
- All documents have to be uploaded to the LBS admission platform as separate files.
- Thus, please prepare all files before your application in the appropriate format.
- Please name your documents as follows: “Last name_type of document” (e.g. “Last name_birth certificate_original” or “Last name_birth certificate_original+translation”, etc.).
- CV (as a PDF file)
- Scan of your birth certificate with the required legalization for the issuing country and the translation (if the birth certificate is issued neither in German nor in English) as a single PDF file
- Scan of your passport (as a PDF file)
- Scan of your school leaving diploma* with the required legalization for the issuing country and the translation (if your school leaving diploma is issued neither in German nor in English) as a single PDF file
- Scan of the certificate that proves your English language proficiency (as a PDF file) – see requirements in point 1
- Scans of two recommendation letters including translations if they are issued neither in German nor in English (as two separate PDF files)
- ID Card Picture (profile photo for your student ID card) as a JPEG or PNG file
*If you have not finished school at the time of your application, you must submit a confirmation from your school which acknowledges the expected date of your final examination (in original and translation as a single PDF file). Please bear in mind that you must hand in your school leaving certificate on the first day of classes at LBS at the latest.
4. Transfer Students & Recognition of Previously Accumulated ECTS
We do recognize previously accumulated ECTS credits. Bachelor program applicants with a workload of 60 ECTS, can either have them partially recognized if only some subjects relate to the LBS curriculum or fully accredited if the field of studies was similar to the LBS curriculum, meaning they can start in the 3rd semester. The application process is the same for all students. The director of studies will decide about the transfer in the admission interview.