Before you start with your application, please read the below information for the relevant program
For admission to FH masters degree program (cf. section 4, sub-section 4 FHStG, as amended) is a
- Completed FH bachelor degree program in the same field of at least 180 ECTS
- or a completed equivalent program at a recognized domestic or recognized foreign post-secondary education institution. This must be an educational institution offering programmes that last at least six semesters, which require the general matriculation standard pursuant to this federal statute for admission and known as a post-secondary education institution pursuant to the legislation of the country where it is located.
2. Language Requirements
The required level of English for our Master programs if C1.
IF YOUR BACHELOR STUDIES HAVE BEEN ENTIRELY CONDUCTED IN ENGLISH, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PROVIDE A CERTIFICATE. Nationals from UK, USA, Australia, Canada
You can submit a TOEFL, an IELTS or a Cambridge Certificate, the results should be submitted with the application package:
- IELTS: starting from Band,7, 7.5,8, 8.5, 9
- CAMBRIDGE CERTIFICATE: C1/2 – CAE (Grade “C”), FCE (Grade “A”) BEC Vantage (Grade “A”), BEC Higher (Grade “C”)
- TOEFL: minimum score 94 points
Reading min. 22 points, listening min. 22 points, speaking min. 26 points, writing min. 24 points
3. Required Documents
- All documents have to be uploaded to the LBS admission platform as separate files.
- Thus, please prepare all files before your application in the appropriate format.
- Please name your documents as follows: “Last name_type of document” (e.g. “Last name_Birth Certificate_original” or “Last name_Birth Certificate_original+translation”, etc.).
- CV (as a PDF file)
- Scan of your birth certificate with the required legalization for the issuing country and the translation (if the birth certificate is issued neither in German nor in English) as a single PDF file
- Scan of your passport (as a PDF file)
- Scan of your school leaving diploma and the translation (if your school leaving diploma is issued neither in German nor in English) as a single PDF file
- Relevant Bachelor’s program of at least 180 ECTS*: Completion of a relevant Bachelor’s program or other equivalent degree program at a recognized Austrian or foreign post-secondary institution: Scan of your BA/BSc diploma with the required legalization for the issuing country and the translation (if your BA/BSc diploma is issued neither in German nor in English) as a single PDF file
- Past academic performance: transcript of records with the required legalization for the issuing country and the translation (if your BA/BSc diploma is issued neither in German nor in English) as a single PDF file
- Scan of the certificate that proves your English language proficiency (as a PDF file)
- Scans of two reference letters including translations if they are issued neither in German nor in English (as two separate PDF files): Letters of recommendation written by a course instructor, an advisor or supervisor of an academic thesis. The reference should be handed in on a professional or institutional letter-headed paper.
- ID Card Picture (profile photo for your student ID card) as a JPEG or PNG file
*If you have not finished your bachelor studies at the time of your application, instead of the bachelor’s diploma, you must submit a confirmation from your university which states the amount of credits/ECTS you completed in your bachelor program so far (in original and translation as a single PDF file). Please bear in mind that you must hand in your bachelor’s diploma on the first day of classes at LBS at the latest.
OR: GMAT with score of 720 or above replaces the above listed checklist items 5- 7
Please note, Lauder Business School Admission Office reserves the right to request GMAT from our international applicants in case we cannot evaluate your previous diploma.
4. Recognition of Courses
Master program applicants can also have single courses accredited; the decision on the recognition is within the discretion of the director of studies.