Staff Training Outgoing
Both lecturers and administrative staff can take the opportunity of an Erasmus+ training mobility.
This activity supports the professional development of HEI teaching and non-teaching staff in the form of training events abroad (excluding conferences) and job shadowing/observation periods/training at a partner university, or at another relevant organisation abroad. A period abroad can combine teaching and training activities.The aim is to acquire in-depth on the job-training and international experience relevant for the professional development of the participant.
Applications for Training mobilities within European countries and Israel are now open and are accepted on a rolling basis.
1. Applications for Mobilities within European Erasmus+ Programme countries are possible at the latest two weeks before the mobility.
If you want to participate in a Training Mobility you need to fill out the Mobility Agreement for Training (see section “Necessary Documents and Downloads” below).
2. Applications for Mobilities with Erasmus+ Partner country Israel are possible at the latest three weeks before the mobility.
When applying for Training at a partner university, please indicate the university you want to go to and the courses you want to participate in or departments you want to shadow in the Mobility Agreement for Training (see section “Necessary Documents and Downloads” below).
- The participant must have an active employment relationship with LBS at the moment of application until at least the end of the training mobility
- Also external lecturers can apply
- A sojourn in Israel must take at least 5 days (the exact length will be agreed upon with the LBS International Office)
The applicant will be asked to present a liability and health insurance before the mobility. Without those two extra insurances the mobility can´t take place, no funding is permitted. This is a requirment stipulated by the Agency of Lifelong learning.
- A training activity in a European Erasmus+ programme country must take at least 2 consecutive days (up to 2 months at a max.)
- There must be agreed a defined working programme (incl. purpose, objectives, activities, …), e.g. job shadowing
The candidate has indicated explicitly the university he/she wants to go to in the Mobility Agreement for Teaching.
Homepage BGU: http://in.bgu.ac.il/en/Pages/default.aspx
Homepage IDC: https://www.idc.ac.il/en/pages/home.aspx
Homepage Bar-Ilan: https://www1.biu.ac.il/indexE.php
Applications for Israel must reach the International Office at least 3 weeks before the mobility to Israel!
Once you have chosen the university for your training exchange, you can contact the LBS International Office for getting support in contacting the International Office at the partner university. They will provide you with the contact details of the responsible person for your particular field of training interest.
When applying at the LBS International Office, you have to indicate the courses you want to participate and/or the job shadowing activities in the Mobility Agreement for Training (see section “Necessary Documents and Downloads” below).
- Mobility Agreement for Training (see section “Necessary Documents and Downloads” below)
- Name of the contact person of the Faculty/department on site
- Updated CV
- List of publications, if applicable
Applications will be evaluated based on the academic qualification of the candidates for the mobility as well as on the type and contents of the planned training mobility. In case of faculty staff, the applications will be evaluated by the respective director of studies and the head of the International Office. In case of office staff, the applications will be evaluated by the executive manager and the had of the International Office.
The application documents for staff training mobility is the same for both (EU and Israel)!
Successful candidates will receive a “Grant Agreement for Erasmus+ staff mobility for training” from the LBS International Office which must be completed, signed and returned to the International Office before the beginning of the sojourn.
Financial Matters & Reporting Duties
- Accommodation costs: max. € 160 per day (Israel), max. 126€ per day (European programme country)
- Travel costs: € 360 to an Israeli partner university; according to distance band in case of a European programme country
NB: In order for the applicant to receive the grant, the following documents must be sent to the International Office right after the sojourn:
- Original receipts (incl. Boarding Cards, hotel bills, credit card receipts if applicable)
- Reimbursement form*
- Confirmation of Attendance for Training*
- Report (min. 500 words) and at least 5 photographs for the LBS website
*Templates available in section “Necessary Documents and Downloads”